Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break!!!!!!!

So, Spring Break is here, I'm still very much pasty in color and the bikini is still in the closet...So it goes for a grad student I guess...I have a wonderful story that will continue tomorrow and days to come. I am leaving for Taylor Ranch for my Advanced Fish Ecology class that Brian is teaching. We'll be there from Wed to Sun, which means Hannah needs care during that time. I had initially thought of going to a kennel that is just out of town and was a little brokenhearted at having to do so, but then remembered that Ellen had seen a sign for "Critter Sitters" around town posted here and there. I finally gave them a call this evening and it happened to be pretty darn cute. It's these two sisters that are pretty young I think - unsure what age exactly, but maybe 9 or 10 tops.

They charge $3 a walk and will "play, feed, walk, whatever the dog needs"...the trusting small town atmosphere means they come over to my house tomorrow to go through a rundown of the details that surround Hannah. I'll spare the page long explanation that is caring for my dog and try to boil it down to the key points. The one girl I talked to over the phone was pretty darn adorable. They seem to also be taking care of two cats at one lady's house, and then a rabbit, fish, and cat at another lady's house. The two sisters are also opening a bank account so they can accept checks as well. As I said, friggin' adorable....

So I'll meet them tomorrow at noon, they said they were good with big dogs since they had 3 large golden retrievers already...so...well...we'll see...I was concerned they were just going to walk over here without parental supervision, but I need to get my head out of the city lifestyle...ahh...Moscow...small town life has its perks, as I have noted here and there throughout this blog...sigh..

missing just about everyone right now...

ct

No comments: