ghetto lattes...who knew there was a word for my stealings at coffee houses...
this past week iowa came out and gave Moscow an otolith tutorial along with her good rousing company...it was great fun to have a good friend visit Moscow. There's something to be said about making new friends in every aspect in your life, but then also something more touching when you can share that new life with an old friend...Hannah and Ellee were pretty precious and pooped from hanging out with each other, begging for scraps during Thanksgiving #2 that occurred Saturday, and impromptu wrestling sessions in the living room. We had a good crowd of folks show up for the Tday feast:
Chau + Iowa (hostesses)
Rick + Ellen (lab mates)
Brian, Kristin, Aengus, and Petra (perky parents and their perky offspring)
Cindy + Amy + Dan (new students at CNR)
Alex (new riparian ecologist prof)
Giancarlo +Bridget (friends and couple of cuteness)
Parul and Sayantani (GPSA friends)
I have been really appreciating good coffee lately, and found this thread which was pretty interesting...which is where I read about the ghetto lattee...I went off coffee for about a week after I was sorta ove-drugging myself in the coffee and alcohol realm a couple of weeks ago...it's the return to coffee that seems the most exciting...
I have a lot of homework to do right now but I'm unsure why I am procrastinating...
oh and yes, about the grinch reference...my parents went out for their actual Tday feast to eat with friends for the evening since it was their first empty nest Thanksgiving...while out someone broke in and stole all their jewelry, guns, and some cash leaving their bedroom in chaos...at least they were safe and damage was minimal...sigh...livin' in the LBC with the thugs comes at a price sometimes...it's sad that folks are driven to such desperate measures...knowing that a complete stranger ( i.e. criminal) was lurking about your childhood home is sorta unnerving to think about...let alone my parent's current position of living there alone...they may get an alarm...or a dog...let's hope time heals...
on a happier note, here are some final gems to peek at from the Japan trip that Sarah took on our last night of Halloween goodness...
xo
ct
Happy New Year!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment