Tuesday, December 9, 2008

specs...

here is me with my new specs in the lab!!!


I like them a lot more in the natural light...they are not as outlandish as the previous picture from the web depicts...

It was supposed to snow today I think...I have been in the lab for the last 6 hours so I am unsure what it is like outside...one thing is for sure...it's cold!! a low of 29 today...brr!!

I have been prepping my samples for Brian to take to Michigan in a few days to hopefully analyze for Caesium...then I'll have some actual data and be able to present something at the Idaho AFS that is in March in Boise...woo!! Abstracts are due on my birthday, which means I will be writing it without any data at all, which is really how it usually happens in this field, right?

Getting ready to leave for CA for Xmas..I am due for a road trip...Hannah maybe not so much, but I haven't been driving for all that much this year, so it's exciting to think about...gas station sodas, hopefully nice scenery, hopefully no dangerous road conditions...
still haven't figured out when I'm leaving or what...there's an ugly christmas sweater party in Moscow on the 19th, and a Winter Solstice party on the 20th..the Watershedders have their holiday party on the 20th in Seattle as well, but sometimes I feel like I gotta let that bird go ya know?

I am down to my last two pieces of the 25 lb turkey...sigh...

ct

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.freshimpressionsonline.com/store/Recycled-64-oz-super-mug,Product.asp

I keep seeing these everywhere in Kansas. Morbidly obese (yet malnourished) with 64 oz travel mugs filled with diabetes.

I can mail one to you before your trip. Let me know.

By the way, you look beautiful with your new glasses.