So...here's the thing...my postings aren't all that exciting...I don't have much direction, and my theme, if anything, can be declared as "things I do with Hannah"...but what do I do any given day that IS worth posting anyhow? Well, I figure at this point, everyday, I eat and listen to something - whether it be the radio, or musci fo some sort...so maybe I'll include in every post what I"ve been eating, and what I've been listening to...not because either of those things are all that exciting, but they probably adequately reflect my mood...we'll see how this goes...
I've just come off a week of eating some yellow chicken curry with potatoes and carrots - just like my mom makes, only not just like my mom makes because it's not as good...before that was the week of where I made a big pot of carnitas (and a vegetable soup side project from the broth)...I can't believe it took me this long to realize how happy a week of carnitas tacos makes me...it's like heaven, only more meaty...as for what I was listening to - a lot of NPR...I found podcasts of Marketplace which makes me absolutely ecstatic...that and carnitas tacos probably made last week so great...
This is getting long - so this week, I'm about to make up some eggplant-mushroom enchiladas as revised from the Moosewood cookbook...lotsa mexican I know - it's probably the cheese and the onset of Fall...
For my listening pleasure in the MacBook now is the new Tegan and Sara - The Con...this evening as I was driving home from shopping at Winco I heard a review on NPR and it closed with their 8th track, which tops out at 83 seconds, "Soil, Soil"...a dear song with a simple piano and guitar melody complementing the two sister's voices...it was just the thing to pull at my heartstrings and tears welled up in the car for no real reason. The kind of song that makes you sentimental about some instance in your life that was worth being sentimental about...I stopped by the local record store in Moscow that I had just noticed earlier, the only one in town I think...anyhow, I was skeptical about their selection, but the kind man behind the counter asked what I had in mind and voila, he produced the only copy in the store, but a copy nonetheless so lucky me! Most of the songs are pretty catchy and familiar in a way...as I turned through the liner notes, the light bulb: Chris Walla helped produce with T+S...ahh...it all makes sense...
xo
Happy New Year!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment